by Jessica Gaertner - November 1, 2021 Fashion News
As a horror fan and someone that plays dress up for a living, Halloween is one of my absolute favorite days of the year. It’s a chance to live out your fetishes and fantasies without the fear of judgement. In fact, the more outrageous the better.
But it’s also a fun time because we get to see all the amazing and risqué costumes that the rich and famous choose for the spooky season. And while most aren’t exactly scary, they definitely are entertaining and over-the-top. Here are some of the best Halloween getups to take place over the past weekend.
1. With the Free Britney Movement and the groundbreaking progress of being freed from her unbearable conservatorship, Hailey Bieber couldn’t have picked a better and more relevant year to recreate the star’s most iconic looks.
2. Kylie Jenner is generally the Halloween queen and everyone is always holding their breath to see what outrageous costume she is going to create. Despite the fact that she looked super cute as black cat, this year was a bit of a let down considering what she’s served us in the past.
3. I am so obsessed with Ariana Grande’s costume. It’s so refreshing to see a celebrity actually embrace what Halloween is all about and actually look scary rather than just sexy.
4. I was a huge Powerpuff Girl nerd as a kid! So it was super fun to see Doja Cat dress as Miss Bellum from the show.
5. Lizzo going as Yoda is just above and beyond amazing and absolutely hilarious.
6. The Simpsons seem to be taking the fashion world by storm. Little Mix went as Marge with a purse that looked like the remains of Homer after she supposedly murdered him. This came soon after The Simpsons made their debut during Paris Fashion Week and starred in a Balenciaga themed episode.
7. Harry Styles has always had a controversial sense of style. So it was exciting to see him stay true to his image and rock a Dorothy outfit whilst performing at his “Harryween” concert in Madison Square Garden.
8. Mary Beth Barone and Benny Drama going dressed as Kravis at the 2021 VMAs, whilst Terrence O’Connor and Aïnhoa went as Megan Fox and Machine Gun Kelly was nothing short of iconic.
9. Kendall Jenner posted a gorgeous shot of herself as Corpse Bride just before the Halloweekend and then surprised us once again when she transformed into Martian Girl on the actual day. #MarsAttacks